The Scissor Lift Course Worth Taking
Aptlee Training Services wants you to be the proud owner of your very own Yellow Card or EWP (Elevated Work Platform) license. They hold a scissor lift course every month or so with limited spots. Aptlee Training Services may make an exception. They are holding more courses more often. So if the demand keeps up as it is at the moment. This is because a lot of employees of companies and motivated individuals are looking to get more qualified.
About The Scissor Lift Course
The Scissor Lift course includes all your basics from pre-startup checks and movement hazards. Below is a more in-depth version of the course outline. Remember that not all things are listed, but the most important things are.
- Use your fault finding skills whilst inspecting the work platform.
- Maintain a healthy and working elevated work platform. Check servicing log, oils and perform inspection – maintenance tasks specified in the manual.
- Perform basic maintenance of things listed in the manual.
- Keep written records and logs up to date about the EWP.
- Recycle, reuse or discard of materials to clear work area and platform.
- Make sure that the plant, tools and equipment are maintained, cleaned, checked and stored properly.
- Make sure documentation is accessible, interpreted and applied to working on the EWP ensuring the work being done is compliant.
- Emergency procedures are clearly outlined in and around the EWP, preparing staff for fire, accident or emergency.
- Making sure that the elevating work platform is stable.
- Act-on or report, verbally or in writing, monitoring systems and alarms.
- Recognise and respond to hazardous and emergency situations.
- Complete work and shut-down in accordance wit the agreed work plan.
- Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements.
For more information about what they can do for you and your employees, contact Aptlee Training Services Today.